Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stampin Up - Engraved Greetings

As I am working on a couple of as yet unfinished projects I thought I would quickly stamp a few simple cards.  For me going back to basics can be a good thing as I look at all the wonderful cards on the internet but they just seem to get more elaborate and more like works of art.  It can be a bit intimidating if one is not overly artistic and I need to remind myself of why I started making cards - the cost.  Here in South Africa greeting cards are really expensive and seeing I was scrapbooking and had the tools, I figured I would start to make the cards we needed as well.  Needless to say, the scrapbooking has been sidelined and I mainly concentrate on making cards these days.

Anyway, this simple card starts off with the Stampin Up image Engraved Greeting die cut with Spellbinders Deckle edged rectangles, matted onto a piece of brown paper also cut out using the same die.  The mottled brown cardstock was on offcut which I cut to size and used an old Creative Memories corner punch to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment