Friday, January 13, 2012

Tea Bag Dispenser


In honour of January being "Hot Tea Month" (I kid you not) I thought I would make this nifty Tea Bag Dispenser as a gift.  I saw the idea for this project on 2 sites - RunningwScissorsStamper and on Scrapparazzis Blog.  I had these ideally wrapped teabags for it and naively thought I could knock this up in next to no time.  Yeah, right !!

This first one I completely messed up the measurements with the second one not being too much better.  I then decided not to waste any more cardstock and that I would use the second one making it up as I went along.  Well, 4 evenings later I managed to finish the box after everything that could go wrong did.  I will not be making one of these again, not unless I find a suitable die to cut the container and lid out first.

Here is the lid decoration on which I used Magnolia dies called Doily Flower and Rose Leaf.  The tag is a Go Kreate one called Concentric Tags and the sentiment used is from a Flourishes set called Taglines.

No comments:

Post a Comment