Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kaszazz - Seahorse Love Large - Valentine's Day card

With Valentine's day coming up I thought I had better see what stamps I had in my collection.  I love Kaszazz stamps (an Australian company) as they stamp well and they have some really good designs.

I thought a square card would be easier for this design and I used an embossing folder (Sizzix I think) with hearts on for the red cardstock.  The cream heart is cut using a Creative Memories cutting system pattern called Gemstone and the pink frilly bit to the right is part of a Marianne D - Circle die.  The middle 3 circles were cut using Spellbinders Classic Circles small and large and the central heart is from a Creative Memories heart punch.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set called Valentine Sayings and I popped it onto a Spellbinders Ribbon Banners die.

The image was stamped onto watercolour paper and coloured in using an aqua painter and Antique Linen Distress ink with Broken China for the boy and Victorian Velvet for the girl.  I then attempted to cut it out and realised when I got down to the tails that I would have to chop a bit off as it was virtually impossible to cut out such fine detail.
For the inside of the card I used, on the left, various Spellbinders Classic and Scalloped hearts and on the right a Go Kreate die called Large Square - two different sizes.  The hearts at the bottom are from, on the left, a Creative Memories punch and the other two are from a Stampin punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment