I fancied using a different technique and decided to see how Distress Stains worked on stamps. As I only have 4 of them, Broken China, Fired Brick, Wild Honey and Peeled Paint, those were the only ones I could use on this card.
First I stamped the Timely Bird image from Hero Art using the different colour Distress Stains and then applied the same colours in Distress Inks randomly over the cardstock using Inkssentials blending foam. I did the sentiment oval using the same concept. The image was matted on a Spellbinders Lacey Squares die and placed on 2 different colour papers. The background paper is from a pad I bought years ago and I used a white gel pen for the faux stitching.