Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Monday, November 28, 2016
The background felt shape is a Spellbinders die - large scallops and the foliage bit came from some scraps I had in a container of left over die shapes. Not sure but I think it is a Marianne D die. Under the fox I did some felting with strands of white wool.
Friday, November 25, 2016
As there are 2 butterflies in this mould I used the smaller one to experiment on as it was the first time I had used Stampin Up Clay. I found that Distress inks and markers worked well and I used a combination of these on the butterfly. Once dry I topped the body in the centre off with Distress Stickles and the tips of the wings off with Stickles as well.
The butterfly was glued onto 2 Spellbinder heart shapes cut from felt. I lightly stuffed the white heart shape to give the ornament a bit of dimension. Again I used the Felt Glue which worked well.
Thursday, November 24, 2016
For the background I die cut 2 x Spellbinders Scalloped Circles out of white felt. The sleigh is a Marianne D Creatables die, the mouse is from Cottage Cutz Mouse w/Sunflower and the reindeer antlers were taken from the Cottage Cutz Festive Owls set. All the die cuts were done out of card stock and adhered on with Felt Glue. The "reins" were just to lines of embroidery thread. I did add a little glitter glue onto the sleigh to jazz it up a bit.
Once the glue was set I stitched the two scalloped circles together using a zig zag pattern and added some filling in to give it a bit of body. With card stock being rigid it is best not to add in too much filling.
Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Monday, November 21, 2016
Sunday, November 20, 2016
The squirrel is from a Cottage Cutz die as is the present. The squirrel was cut from card stock and I used Distress inks and a sponge to darken certain areas. Again I used Felt Glue to stick the squirrel to the felt. It really is an excellent glue.
To finish off I attached a loop of ribbon on the top and lightly sewed it in. I then sewed around the edges leaving a small gap to insert filling in before closing it up. I am not overfilling these ornaments especially the ones I am using card stock toppings on as the card stock needs to sit as flat as possible for it to look nice.
Saturday, November 19, 2016
The outside scalloped circle is a Spellbinders die called Petite Scallop.
Friday, November 18, 2016
What I did with this die was to run fairly heavy card stock through a couple of times and I then cut one of them up along the embossed lines for the black section of the head, the eyes and the tips of the ears. This made it easier to cut these sections out of felt using the card stock as a template.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
My first effort was this owl made with the Spellbinders Owl die. I used craft felt and bought some amazing felt glue which helps a lot as hand sewing is not my strong point ! For the eyes I used some scraps of ribbon and a couple of dark beads. It was a lot of fun.