Friday, November 25, 2016

Christmas Ornament - Butterfly

Whilst looking through my craft drawers I found my stash of silicone moulds and this butterfly one amongst them.  I used Stampin Up Clay which is white in colour and left the butterfly in the mould to air dry.

As there are 2 butterflies in this mould I used the smaller one to experiment on as it was the first time I had used Stampin Up Clay.  I found that Distress inks and markers worked well and I used a combination of these on the butterfly.  Once dry I topped the body in the centre off with Distress Stickles and the tips of the wings off with Stickles as well.

The butterfly was glued onto 2 Spellbinder heart shapes cut from felt.  I lightly stuffed the white heart shape to give the ornament a bit of dimension.  Again I used the Felt Glue which worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment