Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Whimsy Owl

This dear little owl looks like me in the mornings !  I originally coloured this Whimsy stamp in using Copics but made such a hash of it I tossed it out.  I struggle to use Copics in small areas like the whispy hair as the ink just seems to bleed.  Yes, I am using the right paper and ink plus I have a light touch so I really cannot fathom out what I am doing wrong.  Anyway, I used my old faithful watercolour paper, blender pen and Marvy Le Plume II markers and had finished colouring in so quickly.

I used Nestabilities Labels 3 to frame the image and sponged it with Antique Linen Distress ink.  The green background paper is from a Stampin Up hostess gift pad, the sentiment is from a Clear Dollar set called Charliene April Showers and it is on a Cuttlebug die cut.  The sewing is hand done - not my strong suit !

No comments:

Post a Comment