Monday, October 3, 2011

Stamparvie - A Christmas Delivery

This cute Laurence Collection image from Stamparvie took me around 3 evenings to complete the colouring in.  I used Hero Arts watercolour paper for the first time and found it hard going (near impossible in fact) to use a blender pen on it.  I ended up using a combination of Stampin Up, Marvy Le Plume and Aquamarkers plus Spica Pens to add a bit of glitz to the presents.

The dies used to frame the image are new from Sizzix - this one is called Tags Rounded and I think it will be one I get a lot of use out of.  The green dotted paper was sourced locally at Simply Creative and the yellow brick effect came from an unnamed Stamposaurus stencil.  I picked up a number of stencils from the craft show I recently attended in England.  I had never really used them before but after seeing a demonstration of Distress inks and stencils, I bought the correct set of brushes and was happy with the effect for my first effort.  The red flower was made from a Marianne D design called Poinsettia Miniature.  The leaves are Spellbinders and from a punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment