Monday, October 10, 2011
Halloween Witches Hat
The tall cone of the hat was made using the SU Petal Cone die cut out twice. Of the four flaps on the die I cut off three. I also cut out a band of the patterned black and white paper using the die. The brim is made with 2 Nestabilities Grand Circles. I used a distress tool around the top brim to give it a slightly ragged look. You might ask why 2 brims, well, firstly, it gives a bit of strength to the hat and secondly it hides the elastic I used to close the hat.
To decorate the hat I used the larger of the Tim Holtz Rosette dies with a Nestabilities Pinking Circle in the middle. The stamp is from a SU set called Wicked Cool. I used Distress Ink around the outside and coloured the socks in with a Spica pen.