Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween Witches Hat

There have been a couple of witches hats on the craft blogs and I decided to combine a few of the designs. 

The tall cone of the hat was made using the SU Petal Cone die cut out twice.  Of the four flaps on the die I cut off three.  I also cut out a band of the patterned black and white paper using the die. The brim is made with 2 Nestabilities Grand Circles.  I used a distress tool around the top brim to give it a slightly ragged look.  You might ask why 2 brims, well, firstly, it gives a bit of strength to the hat and secondly it hides the elastic I used to close the hat.
As you can see the cone part lifts up to allow sweets to be popped in.  I used a button to hook the elastic over.  This was not my idea as I saw it on a blog but cannot for the life of me remember where.
To decorate the hat I used the larger of the Tim Holtz Rosette dies with a Nestabilities Pinking Circle in the middle.  The stamp is from a SU set called Wicked Cool.  I used Distress Ink around the outside and coloured the socks in with a Spica pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment