Friday, April 1, 2011

Art Impressions Doorways & Shoppe Window Bakery


I have a booklet from Art Impressions with a whole lot of ideas on how to use their Doorways and Shoppe Window selection of stamps.  As I have a few of the insides of the shops to choose from I thought I would start off with the bakery to use on a birthday card for a friend.

Wanting to use Distress Inks to colour the images in, I cut a piece of watercolour paper one and a half times the size of the front of the card and then scored it on the left hand side.  This piece is folded over to make a flap like so :
                                     
The sentiment is a Hero Arts wooden stamp, the cupcakes are from Inkadinkado and are coloured in using markers and Spica Glitter pens.  The door panels are paper pieced and the bakery section on the front is coloured in using markers and Spica Glitter pens.  On the front of the card I masked the images and sponged around them using Distress Ink Antique Linen to give a paint look to the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment