Friday, April 15, 2011

Easter Duck baskets

Not sure if there is such a thing as an Easter Duck, but I thought it would look cute for little boys rather than the pink girly bunnies.

The box is made from Nesties Mega Rectangles - 2 of them, laid landscape and scored at 1½" and 4½", then along the bottom, which is the longer side, score at 1".  On the bottom 1" side cut on the 2 vertical score lines up to the 1" mark and fold boxes in making 2 halves.  Tape and pop together.  For the handle I twisted some twine, punched a hole on either side and knotted the twine on the inside.

For the duck I was wanting to get my Cricut out to make it but as I was in an ankle brace and using 2 crutches that day I could not manage it by myself, so I went to plan B which was to make a duck up using punches.  Normally I would have a look on my computer to see whose design I could copy but I actually made this one up all by myself.  The recipe is as follows :



The bowtie is made with the remnants of the SU Spiral Border punch which you overlap.  I also sponged all the pieces and bent in the one wing to hold the basket.  The grass is my usual MS icicles border punch trimmed.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an Easter Duck to me, these are precious thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see another cute peachy keen stamp face! great job, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete