Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easter Basket with SU Mini Milk Carton Die


I was after an Easter basket which I could die cut but it had to be a decent size.  As I had recently organised my SU dies I remembered the Mini Milk Carton one and realised I could use it by covering over the majority of the score lines using a decorative paper and joining 2 of them together.  When I cut the die on my Big Shot I did not use a crease pad so the score lines were not too pronounced.  The base of the die was angled into an octagon shape and taped down then covered over inside and out with a Nestabilies circle.

For the handle I hand cut a strip and decorated it with a piece from the SU Tasteful Trim die, the sentiment is also SU and the paper used was from a pad locally sourced.  The scallops around the top of the basket are also from the SU Tasteful Trim die.  I used Spun Sugar Distress Ink over the side and bottom folds as well as on the handle and scallop edge trim.

The bunny was one I found over at Rusty Daisy Studio - it bought a smile to my face when I saw it and it was so easy to make up.  DH came up with the idea of popping the bunny onto a strip of cardstock which had been scored half way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment