Friday, March 25, 2011

CRICUT - SPRING COLLECTION CARTRIDGE
I was curious to see how the Cricut cut this image out and when it did I thought it looked way too plain.  I then experimented with a variety of different Distress inks and the die cut sat on my desk for quite a while with me thinking I would eventually toss it out.

When I was digging around in my selection of Hero Arts stamps I came across a patterned cling one which had potential so I used it diamond shape.  I then embossed the die cut with a CB folder and sanded the corners off.  The green paper is CM and the script on the yellow paper is from a SU stamp called En Français.  The edges of the card, which opens up in the centre, have been distressed and sponged with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink to finish it off.  The card opens up like this :
Excuse the shadows but the sun was really bright when I took the photo.  Enough of the hot weather, roll on the cold and rainy days of winter !

No comments:

Post a Comment