Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stella & Rose - Mabel "So Sweet" Stamp

I have never really looked at or followed card sketches but after seeing an idea for a card sketch book I thought I would look into it.  Becky Fleck's Page Maps are a wonderful source of inspiration and the card today is from one of her card sketches.

The background is a new Hero Arts Stamp called Newspaper Background which I stamped using Sepia Archival ink.  On the mustard colour piece of cardstock I pierced the stitch holes using a Stampin Up template and did faux stitching with a brown Momento marker.  A Stampin Up scallop border punch was used for the right hand side trim.

The birdcage stamp is from Stella & Rose - Mabel "So Sweet" and the bird is from an Inkadinkado set.  I used Staz On ink for both of these stamps.  After die cutting the image with Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Circles I extended the chain on top of the birdcage drawing ovals by hand.  The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set called On Your Birthday and I stamped only the bottom part of one of the stamps.  It was die cut using a Sizzix / Hero Arts die called Small Tag Frame which I bought earlier on this week from Simply Creative here in Cape Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment