Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kaszazz - Cherish & Dream

Last week we stayed in a cottage which had the most unusual paintings on the walls.  They had an aged newspaper background and beautiful artwork painted over it.  This gave me an idea for the background on a set of cards.

I searched on the internet for old papers and could not find any free South African ones but thought an Australian one would be the next best bet.  I printed a couple of pages out, cut one down to size and Distress inked it.  I then layered a type of vellum I had in my stash and stamped the Kaszazz Cherish & Dream sentiment in Coffee Archival ink onto it.

For the inside I used a smaller piece of the newspaper I had over and also Distress inked it with Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy.  On the right hand side I die cut from a Spellbinders Grand Labels 11 using my trusty x-rays to create a template.  Using Brushed Corduroy again I sponged around the edges.  I think I am going to cut out a whole lot more templates using my old x-rays and Spellbinders dies.  The sponge applicators work well on them and it gives a quick and easy insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment