Friday, May 13, 2011

Sizzix XL Box Die

All of the SU Bigz XL dies I have actually make only small boxes and sometimes one needs a larger gift box.  I was rather pleased when I found a local online store selling this Sizzix Box Die. 

When it arrived I cut out what I thought was the box and sat looking at it wondering how on earth I could make a box out of a two sided piece of cardstock.  There were no instructions or pictures (I do well with those) on the die or on any part of the packaging which is a little stupid on the manufacturer's part.  Anyway, I wondered if I cut out another one would it work.  Well, it did and once I had fathomed it out it was relatively simple to put together.  The box is large and measures 92 mm height, width and length (it is square shaped).  I found a beautiful candle to put into it for a gift.

The blue paper is from a pad in my stash, the 'Handle with care' is from a SU set and the rosette is a Tim Holtz die which I had also just received.

No comments:

Post a Comment