Monday, May 9, 2011

New Baby card - Maggie from The Greeting Farm

This is a card for a friend who has recently given birth to a baby girl.  I have had this stamp for quite a while now and could not seem to get the colouring right, I mean, how hard can it be to colour in a bunny !  Sometimes I just have a mental block but I am pleased with the result this time.

I used Copics to colour in with, cut out the image using Marianne D Creatables Frames / Swirls and matted it on a Go Kreate Regular Frame Frilly #3.  The front of the card was embossed with SU Square Lattice and the sentiment was one I had stamped out a while ago so I cannot remember where it came from.

This past weekend I was fed up with not knowing what sentiments I have and decided to start with the SU sets.  I now have a flip file with pages and pages of SU sentiments all stamped out with a note next to each one as to which stamp set they are from.  I intend to add all the rest of my sentiments to the file as well.  This way I do not have to search in all different places for a sentiment, I look through the file and choose which one I want.  I have done that with my tags and labels and find I am using ones I previously did not remember I even had.  It would, of course, be easier to have one room dedicated to craft in but that is not feasible at the moment - maybe one day !

No comments:

Post a Comment