Monday, January 24, 2011

WHIMSY STAMPS - FROG

When I buy stamps I am usually attracted to cute and whimsical characters and tend not to give too much thought as to how practical they are to colour in.  Sometimes there is a coloured example of the stamp and it looks so easy, but then I can seldom find it when the time comes to colour it in.

My frog ended up being coloured using different Distress Ink pads and an aqua brush.  A tip my sister gave me was rather than flood your ink pad with water from the aqua brush, dab the pad onto a piece of accetate and work off of there - it works like a charm !  Thanks, Debs.

The background paper is all CM and I used a Nesties Eyelet Squares die for the frame behind the image.  Not sure about the sentiment, it could be Clear Dollar.  The tag is a SU punch and the square is made from a CM punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment