Monday, December 26, 2011

Gift Basket

This is a surprisingly quick and simple basket to make.  I found the easy instructions over at The Little Blue Room and decided to make the largest size one out of a 12 x 12 piece of cardstock.  It turned out bigger than I thought but then I had this idea of adapting it to hold cheeses for a Xmas gift.  It was ideal and quick to decorate.

The basket was made out of a fairly sturdy cardstock - I think it might be from a SU pack.  The large scallops around the top are from the SU die called Tasteful Trim.  The "tab" in the middle of the handles is a Nestabilities Circle and the handles were hand cut using a corner rounder to finish them off.  All edges were Distressed inked.

The sentiment stamp is CI-142 from Crafty Individuals and the image, which I did identical on either side of the basket, is Morris Skiing from Motivet.  I cut the image out and mounted him on a Nestabilities Oval.

I think this basket has a lot of potential for birthday, Mother's Day and Easter gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment