Friday, December 24, 2010

RECYCLED XMAS PACKAGING

On a recent visit to a local market we came across a stall selling all sorts of different alcohol.  As we had not yet finished our Xmas shopping we proceeded to help the really friendly owners make their target for the month !

Anyway, as part of DH's Xmas gift I bought him a couple of bottles of Irish Whiskey which came in this box.  Of course the box started out very different but I did see the potential in revamping it.

I used black cardstock to block out all the writing and embossed each piece top and bottom with a CB swiss dots border folder.  The sentiment is a CB alphabet cut out using glitter paper and the image is Elf Oliver from Sparkle Creations stamped on watercolour paper and coloured in using SU watercolour crayons, Marvy and SU markers. 

On the top of the box I used Nestabilities Big Scalloped Squares alternating in black and orange and then I made a bow from ribbon which came from a conference we attended last year.

I just love recyling boxes and have to be really careful not to become too much of a hoarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment