Friday, November 26, 2010

 SANTA XMAS CARD

For this card I started with the idea of using the Art Impressions Santa Front and Back image and then I sort of got a little carried away !

The card is SU Creamy Caramel textured cardstock with the front being cut in half leaving only the bottom half attached.  I then started with bricklaying on the chimney using the Fiskars squeeze rectangle punch and scrap bits of brown paper.  Once it was all glued I Distressed Inked the chimney to give it a weathered look and added the icicles using a MS border punch called Drippy Goo.

Santa was coloured in using Copics and the front and back were cut out and stuck together.  As Santa appeared to be standing in midair and I had trouble with designing a roof I thought I would go with another chimney - easy since I had 'bricks' left over.
When the card was closed it looked a bit too bare on the top so I stamped a sleigh from the Inkadinkado Filigree Holiday Pattern set and a reindeer from Victoria Case Art Designs onto a piece of cardstock.  The snowflake background was done using a couple of stamps from the Inkadinkado Warm Holiday Wishes set plus SU Whisper White craft ink and the gifts are from Clear Dollar Filled with Cheer.  All these were coloured in using a mixture of Tombow, SU and Marvy Le Plume II markers.
I love using a mixture of stamps and markers together and have to smile when companies want you to put their specific trademark 'handmade by' stamp on the back of the card.  Think I would have run out of space on this one !

No comments:

Post a Comment