Friday, November 19, 2010

COTTAGE CUTZ DIES - STYLIZED OWL

When I saw this owl die I just knew I had to have him.  I had seen Cottage Cutz dies on the Peachy Keen online store and thought they were exclusive to them.  Imagine my delight when I saw them in  the UK store I went to.

The owl is cut from scraps and sponged with Distress inks.  The background papers are SU with the exception of the yellow which is CM.  The sentiment label punch is from EK Success and the oval is SU as is the sentiment.  I decided the page looked a little bare and added a freehand frame around using a Tombow marker.  I enjoy drawing squiggly frames as I have a hard time drawing a straight line !

Please excuse the shadows on this card as it was photographed in the early morning sun.  What is good about an image like this is seeing you have the CB, die and papers out you can do more than one at a time.  I did 5 and have put them in a packet for when I need to make a card in a hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment