Monday, November 15, 2010

KRAFTIN' KIMMIE - ARIANA

When I ordered this stamp I had my youngest niece, Alana, in mind.  She loves mermaids and with her birthday being yesterday I thought it would be perfect.

This was my first Kraftin' Kimmie stamp and I am impressed with how easy it was to colour in.  I did use Copics as I wanted to get the shading in the hair right.  The seaweed, and bubbles are also part of the stamp set.  The fishes and sentiment are from Hero Arts Oceans of Joy with the fishes being completed ages ago - I found them in a container where I keep finished images.  The background  is painted using Perfect Pearls and a paint brush.  It was a bit fiddly and at one stage I thought I would have to scrap it but in the end it turned out alright.

On the white cardstock background I used a CB border embossing folder and on the middle blue section I sponged the blue paper with Distress ink to get it to the colour I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment