Tuesday, May 25, 2010

GUEST DESIGNER CARD

This card was made by my sister, Debbie of Stamp Scrap Embellish, for DH's birthday.  I just love the different techniques Debs used.  I just seem to base most of my cards around stamping and must really try something different again.  Saying that, I had a bash at using the brayer last night and ended up with more ink on my hands than on the paper.  I just cannot seem to get the hang of it !

This is the description Debs gave for the card :  This started with some Flourish paper rolled through the CB folder- retro. I then textured a piece of oatmeal card with corrugated cardboard CB folder and inked it with vintage photo distress ink. The little piece behind the Happy Birthday is actually from the School range -it's a mustard colour that has been distressed. I used the new Paper distresser for around some edges - love that tool!! I enjoyed decorating the inside of the card too- I used the sand SB paper from the Castaway range and stamped it with the distress ink, the wire stamp and clock stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment