Thursday, February 18, 2010

MILK CARTONS & HOLDER

This template was given to me and I was thrilled it turned out so well.  I used a locally obtained brown and yellow cardstock for the holder and cartons and CM papers (all from the same pack that is why they go so well together) to decorate it with.

The scalloped circle on the holder is SU as is the swirly image.  The sentiment is Penny Black.  On the cartons I sponged all the sides with Distress Ink and glued the papers on before assembling them.  On the top of the cartons I used an EK Success border punch with co-ordinating papers.  The labels are SU scalloped oval and plain oval and the wording is using a magnetic alphabet I have - think it is a Making Memories one.  I then punched 2 holes through the top and fed the raffia through.

When needed I plan to get some chocolates and nuts, put them into a celphane packet and pop them into the boxes.  The project can also be duplicated by making 2 holders and 4 milk cartons.  You can then glue the 2 holders back to back thus making it more stable as my ones need to be supported from underneath when you pick it up.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this one, Di. It looks so good. Just make sure when you do give it away, it's to someone who will really appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete