Monday, September 24, 2012

Penny Black - Dropping you a Line

When I popped into Simply Creative here in Cape Town the other day I came across some new Penny Black stamps designed by Mo Manning.  This one is called Dropping you a Line and I decided to stamp it onto watercolour paper using a blender pen and watercolour pencil crayons to colour it in.

Once I had finished the colouring in I cut out the top part of the image.  The 'sun ray' background was done with post it notes, 3 ink pads and a sponge.  I started with Hero Arts Soft Sand Shadow ink and moved the post it note around in a semi circle sponging at relatively even spaces.  Then came Momento Peanut Brittle and Momento Morocco.  I have found a tutorial for this technique here.  The frame around the image is from a Cuttlebug die which does not have a name on it.  The 2 flourishes either side are part of the same die.

The background on the card was made using a large Hero Arts stamp called Newspaper Background stamped with Momento Peanut Brittle ink.  I then used Antique Linen Distress ink sponged around the sides of the card.  The sentiment is from the Just Rite set called Just Because and after numerous tries I eventually managed to stamp it using Momento Rich Cocoa ink.  All the other inks did not give a clear image.  The sentiment was then die cut with the Stampin Up punch Word Window.

No comments:

Post a Comment