Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PEACHY KEEN - WINTER PEEKERS

I know, another snowman !!  Once I had stamped this image out I mistakenly thought this would be a quick and easy card.  Then I decided to 'build a wall' brick by brick and although my bricklaying skills do not look too bad on the card it was a bit of a struggle.  When it was complete I sponged over it with Tea Dye Distress Ink to give it an aged look.

The wall looked too bare on the top so I used a MS border punch to make the snow.  The sack is also a Peachy Keen stamp - Feed, Santa, Flour Sacks as is the sentiment.  The presents are a retired SU set.  The background paper is from a pad I have and the white embossed section is CB Swiss Dot folder.  I nearly forgot about the snowman which is coloured in using SU crayons and a blender pen.  To get the rosy cheeks I find it easier to use chalks than ink.  The chalk gives a more subtle look.

No comments:

Post a Comment