Monday, September 6, 2010

MY BIRTHDAY CARD FROM AUSTRALIA

I was thrilled to get this easel birthday card from my sister, Debbie.  The cute teddy stamp is from the Kaszazz range and Debs coloured it in using Copics.

The idea of the easel card is for it to not slide forward when it is in the position as the photo shows.  What Debbie did was to raise the bottom front section on rises and the top part of the card tucks in nicely behind it.  When the card is in the closed position ready to go into an envelope, the section with the teddy image is on the top. 

I recently made one of these cards (so nice to have one to copy from) and used an A4 piece of cardstock in the portrait position.  I used an envelope as a guide to see just how wide the card would be then trimmed off the excess.  I then worked out where I would score the card for the almost even folds and was pleased with the result.  The card is scheduled to be posted later on in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment