Friday, April 9, 2010


ANNIVERSARY CARD

A couple of weeks ago it was our 26th wedding anniversary and I had it in my mind to give DH a medal !  He has had a tough 16 months since I broke my foot and has really been wonderful (hope he reads this !). Anyway, I started off by using a Nestabilities clock die - I thought I could layer heat emboss it for a silver coloured shiny medal.  I was doing well until I burnt my finger on the heat gun which mucked up the medal and spilt the embossing powder all over the floor !  Needless to say, there were a few choice words uttered as I dashed off to the sink to put the finger under running water.

When I eventually went back to clean up the mess, the medal had cracked so, as I did not want to go through another heat gun session, I opted to use the Petite Circles Nesties on silver cardstock for the main label part.  The numbers are from a CB set and the wine coloured die at the back is a pendant Nestabilities one.  The background stamp is from Hero Arts stamped onto CM paper.

Now for the inside of the card :


You will note that "laundry" is not ticked.  This is because when I first broke my foot DH did the washing, put it on the racks and 2 hours later decided it must be dry - he did not check it.  When I voiced my concern I got the whole lot thrown on top of me whilst I was laying on the couch with my foot up in the air.  He was fuming and I could do nothing but laugh.  We both ended up with tears pouring down our cheeks from laughter and then he put the whole load back on the racks.  From then on, I did the washing on crutches hopping on one leg whilst hanging it up.  Laundry definitely does not deserve a tick !

No comments:

Post a Comment