Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Now why did I not think of this before !

I usually struggle when cutting out fiddly or alphabet dies.  I am not a fan of using glue to stick them down as have often seen the glue not holding.  I normally cut tiny strips of double sided tape with more ending up sticking to my fingers than on the die cut. 

Whilst doing my latest card I had a brainwave !!  On the back of the card stock to be used for the letters I was die cutting I stuck a strip of double sided tape (see above) and ran it through the Cuttlebug (see photo below).

In the next photo is the reverse side of the cut out letter.  After that I simply peeled off the double sided tape on the back and stuck it onto the card.  I cannot think out why this has taken be so long to fathom out !  Will definitely be trying it with the more intricate dies even if I can just get some of the fiddly bits taken care of then I will be happy.  I did not experience any problems with removing the card stock from the die.

No comments:

Post a Comment