Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Flourishes - A Season of Celebrations

You may be wondering why on earth I am posting a Christmas card in March !  Well, I am making up a set of cards as a gift for a friend and decided to pop in a couple of Christmas cards as well.  They will all be the same type of card - see the wonderful blog of Heather Telford - Bits & Pieces for her inspirational cards using a sponging and masking technique.

For this simple card I masked off an area with Post-it notes and used a brayer and Archival Ink for the background.  I then stamped the image from the Flourishes A Season of Celebrations set using Black Archival Ink.  I used Spica pens for the dress and lights just to add a little bit of colour.  The sentiment is from the same set.

The brayer works better on a smooth cardstock.  I will also be trying this technique using sponges on my preferred surface of a linen card.

No comments:

Post a Comment