Thursday, September 1, 2011

Punch Art - Little Girl

When I saw this idea on a blog I knew I just had to try it out for my niece's birthday.  The hair reminds me so much of her.

For the hair behind the head I used 2  SU scalloped circles, the front section is a SU scalloped oval which I re punched smaller.  It was by sheer fluke I got it right the first time !  The head is the SU ornament punch and the face is Peachy Keen stamp.

The dress and pinafore are hand cut.  On the pinafore bottom I used a Nestabilities scalloped oval to get a slightly curved look.  The arms and legs are SU word window punch, the hands are a SU small heart, the shoes are the SU medium heart and the actual heart is the largest in the SU Heart to Heart punch which has 3 hearts in it.

The grass is a Magnolia die, the background paper is from my stash and as it was a tad too bright I laid some vellum over it to dull it down.  The side punch strips are from a MS punch.

I will not be posting for the following 2 weeks as we are leaving on an overseas trip on Sunday.  Usually I have some stock but this time I have been slightly pre occupied and have not managed to get ahead of myself.  I am really looking forward to popping into a craft store or two whilst in the UK.

1 comment:

  1. To see the original punch art gals, visit www.stampinfantastic.co.nz

    ReplyDelete