Sunday, August 28, 2011

Penny Black - About Town

Some of my first stamps were Penny Black.  I just love their "cute" factor and this one is no exception.

I stamped Mimi on watercolour paper and after using Distress ink for the car I decided it did not look too good so I went over it with SU watercolour crayons and used a blender pen to recolour the image.  Mimi's face was coloured with Copics - yes, I used the wrong paper and ink but if you colour in really carefully you can sometimes get away with it.  The rest of the image was done using a blender pen and markers.

The balloons are from an Art Impressions clear stamp set called All Occasions and they were coloured in using Copics - I used the correct paper this time.  I drew in the balloon strings by hand.  The houses in the background are from a retired SU set and the sentiment is a Flourishes one called Tag Lines.  The die cut clouds are from C.C. Designs and the fence is a Martha Stewart border punch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment