Monday, June 20, 2011

Tag - Punch Art

A while back I did a few of cards with a Mr Acorn punch art I had cased from a craft site.  As I often do, I made a couple more which I kept one side.  So when it came to making this tag it was really easy just to select a couple of leaves, from the Marianne D die called Frames / Leaves, and put it altogether.  I did use Antique Linen Distress Ink on the edges of the tag, which is a Nestabilities Labels Twenty.  Just can't remember where I found that sentiment - sorry !  You will have to forgive me this week but I am posting only tags.  I have recently not spent as much time as I normally do at my craft table even though I am back in the moonboot with another injury to my foot - just for 4 weeks this time.

Instead, I have been devoting time to a special project - I was asked to become the godmother of a white Bengal tiger, Angelo who is only 3 years old and he is going blind.  How could I say no to a face like this :

He is such a big boy and even though he does not live close by, DH and I travelled 4 hours to meet him and his companion, Mich.

Their story is best told on the Jukani website.  To meet Angelo and Mich and all their companions at Jukani up close and personal was a very special experience and one which we will never forget.  Most of us with animals in our care know the feeling of how they worm their way into our hearts.  I just never counted on a 250Kg white Bengal tiger having the same effect on me !

 

No comments:

Post a Comment